Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our School Room 2010-2011 year

Blogger and I are not getting along well today with rearranging pictures, so here is our school room in no particular order!

I have two closets with all of our supplies in them, and on the closet doors I keep all of our morning meeting stuff. In the red pocket chart I have our alphabet exercise cards, that I believe originated on homeschoolshare, but I found them on teachmama (click to go to post). You can get them here.
I plan to add them each week as we go through the letters, and I will mix them up and have fun with them each day.

Next to that, I have a run-down of what Anna is learning for the week. I got these from meandmarie.

On the bottom part of the wall between the closets, I have our weather and birthday graphs and our 100 days of school countdown. On the top part of the wall is a chart that reminds us, "We obey all the way, right away, with a cheerful heart." Oh how I wish it were the case all the time!


This set is mostly geared to Mary Helen, our big first grader! We are counting up the days and putting the cards in place value columns, even though we haven't formally learned this concept, she should be pretty comfortable with the concept by the time we get to it. I have her coins for the daily coin count in the little orange envelopes.
If you enlarge the picture, you can see the bottom pages better - here is where we write our date on the calendar, do our tally chart, number sentence, and coin count for the day.
Here are a couple of links where I got most of my great calendar printables!
Homeschool Creations
1+1+1=1

Here is a shot of the calendar area, Mary Helen's workspace (her workboxes are on that brown shelf next to her desk), to the left of the chalkboard are our weekly Bible verses. Mary Helen's verse is from her Sparks (Awana) book (printed from homeschool creations), and Anna's is from 1+1+1=1.



Moving down a bit, the middle of the room. My work area, storage, etc.
There you see Anna's desk and workboxes, and you can see Anna in the "Listening Center" (at least it was today!).

I will try to link to all the printables I have, but if you see something you're particularly interested in, let me know!







2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have been thinking about those Letter exercise cards. hmmmm , I should print them out. I bought two of those pocket charts at Target for $2.00. I just didn't know what I was going to do with them. Now I have ideas! Now if I can figure out where to get more wall space.. Do you think now would be a good time to ask my husband to move the school room to another room. Before or after I have the baby.. :-)

Kelly

Candice said...

What an organized homeschool momma you are! I wish I had a school room...sniff, sniff. :)